SIBBM supports short-term research visits to an Italian or foreign laboratory. The aim is to facilitate valuable collaborations with research groups applying techniques that are unavailable in the applicant's laboratory.
- Ph.D. students with at least two years of experience after their master degree or post-doctoral scientists who have obtained their Ph.D. degree within the last 5 years.
- The applicant must be a SIBBM member with fully paid fees.
Duration: from 1 to 2 weeks.
Please note that you cannot benefit from a visiting fellowship and a travel grant in the same year.
Fellowship applications should be submitted to the SIBBM Secretary by e-mail at: email@example.com and will be considered following the calendar deadlines indicated below. The applications will be reviewed for their scientific contents and eligibility criteria by the SIBBM Executive Committee within 15 days after the deadline. The application for Short-Term Fellowships is online only and should be written in English. No hard copies are required. Only complete applications, i.e. including host institute acceptance, will be processed. Receipt of complete applications will be acknowledged via email.
How to apply:
- provide the name of the head of host laboratory and the name of the host Institution;
- provide a statement of availability signed by the head of the host laboratory;
- provide a summary of the research project. The research proposal should be detailed and well-argued and written by the applicant. It should contain a 200-word summary. The detailed research proposal should not exceed 1500 words and should include relevant references to published literature (references do not contribute to the word limit). The research proposal should be sufficiently detailed to allow the evaluators to form a clear idea of the planned work.
Successful applicants will receive up to € 1000 (half prior to departure, and half after submission of the report and the video (see below).
At the end of the visit, the young researcher will provide a brief (max 1 page) report (approved by the head of the host laboratory) of the work carried out during the visit, and will share the experience of being involved in this program with a short video (2-3 min), which should be sent to the SIBBM Secretary.
Call for application for Visiting Fellowship deadlines: